Monday, February 2, 2009

My New Crush



Georges "Rush" St-Pierre, also known as GSP, a French Canadian MMA fighter. He beat BJ Penn this past weekend at UFC 94, and is the current Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight champion.

I never thought I was the type of person who would get into watching men beat the crap out of each other, but I was definitely into it this weekend! Some of the hits made me cringe a little, but these men are talented fighters, and it was pretty amazing to see the takedowns and knock-out punches. Plus, GSP is hot!


In other sports-related news, I ended up watching most of the Super Bowl yesterday, without really meaning too. I've never really gotten into football, but we were out at my in-laws, and they're huge football fans, so I settled in to watch. As soon as I found out Arizona was the underdog, I started cheering for them. (I always like the underdog.) I thought they might've clinched the win with Larry Fitzgerald's 64-yard touchdown, but Santonio Holmes' incredible catch with 35 seconds remaining was too impressive to beat. (Although I still think he only had one foot down...)


And Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's half-time show was AMAZING! (T, I know how much you love the Boss!) That man puts on the best show out there. My dad took me and my younger brother to see him play at the Boston (TD Banknorth) Garden when I was in college. He may not be my absolutel favorite musician, but it was the best concert I've ever been to. He really puts everything into his performances. Plus, no nipples, so that's nice.

And that's all from the K Sports Front this morning!

-k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for GSP! Perhaps you should add one of his French rap songs to your blog? ;)

-Rosemary