Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Most Hysterical Romance Novel Blurb Ever?

The following snippet was in the back of one of my romance novels. I laughed out loud so hard when I read it that F demanded I tell him what was so funny. Turns out, it was even funnier the second time around!

"When a tall, handsome stranger saves Evie from a thug's bullet, they strike a deal: he'll be her bodyguard if she'll offer him the cover he needs to stay out of the grips of those hunting for him. But Evie's life takes an out-of-this-world turn when she learns her rescuer isn't from California. He's not even from Earth! He's a down-on-his-luck extraterrestrial and former hitman on the run, and it's up to Evie to cover for the sexy new man in her life...."


Safe to say, I will not be buying this romance novel. I prefer to read about UFC-like fighters, football jocks and hockey players, thank you very much!

-k

1 comment:

Rosemary Brennan said...

I know I said I don't judge romance novels buuut. I'm going to have to call Ms. Grant out. A girl named Evie? Interacting with aliens? Sounds a bit too similar to Out of This World. Yes, yes, I tried the time freeze thing. Doesn't work.