Wednesday, January 7, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear New Year's Resolutioners,

While I appreciate your determination to get in shape this new year, we all know that after a few weeks, the lure of the gym will fade, real life will catch up with you and soon you'll be paying $29.99 a month out of guilt to your fitness center of choice. It's okay, there's no reason to be ashamed, it happens to a lot of people. And I really do want to see you succeed: your health is very important, and I wish that more people in this country would put more consideration into the food that they eat and the exercise they should be getting.

But please, please, as a card-carrying member of the gym that attends throughout the entire year, could you find somewhere other than LA Fitness to grunt and groan through these first few weeks of 2009? Because, honestly, you're screwing up my parking situation!

Sincerely,
K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

29.99 a month at LA Fitness?! I thought NY and LA were supposed to be similar in cost. I pay (hangs head in shame) almost 3 times that! And I firmly agree with you, these people do not know gym etiquette and completely interrupt the exercise karma.