Thursday, January 8, 2009

Top 15... Covers

I'm a fan of covers. I especially like when 80's songs are remade with a kick (Marilyn Manson). While I know this list is far from complete, I think its a hell of a start. I recommend then to all.

Placebo - Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush)
A Perfect Circle - Imagine (John Lennon)
Nine Inch Nails – Physical (you’re So) (Adam Ant)
Far – Pony (Ginuwine)
Killers – Shadowplay (Joy Division)
Concrete Blonde – Everybody Knows (Leonard Cohen)
Across the Universe – Fiona Apple (Beatles)
Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright (Leonard Cohen & Jeff Buckley)
Tori Amos – Love Song (The Cure)
Michael Hutchence – Passenger (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
Lacuna Coil – Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)
Marilyn Manson – Tainted Love (Soft Cell)
Orgy – Blue Monday (New Order)
Nirvana – Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie)
Offspring – Smash It Up ( The Damned)

I want to highlight the song of the day, Pony by Far. This is a new song that takes the lame original and makes it cool. Well done.

-t

Well done T! I've never heard Far's cover by Pony before, and I LOVE it! Thanks for starting the day off on a good musical note! I think I'll go listen to some Ani now...

-k

No comments: